(or The Commandments on the Field)
by Lord Kirk Dragomani, Provost, Ad’E
- Thou shalt salute thy opponent. This gives thou the first indication if he is in range or not.
- Thou shalt heed the words of the marshal. His stick is bigger and longer than thine.
- Thou shalt heed the words of the herald. This way thou knowest who to look up after the match for butchering thy name.
- Thou shalt acknowledge all blows. Acknowledgements include the following calls; “light, slap, flat,” and the ever useful; “nuttin’ on it.”
- Thou shalt strive for a fair fight. Particuarly anytime thou can’t get the odds on thy side.
- Thou shalt strive for chivalry. This can get thou more brownie points than actually winning the fight.
- Thou shalt not bash thy opponent whilst he lieth on the ground. For this does not look good, and wastes energy thou wilt need for the next round.
- Thou shalt treat the chiurgeons and waterbearers kindly. For they have the essence of drink and band aids which thou might strongly desire one day.
- Thou shalt honor thy lady (or lord). For they have the ability to put Ben Gay on the spots thy cannot reach.
- Thou shalt remember that this is a game, and the most rewarding game to stalk are the ones wearing yellow and white scarves.