The first charges of the Masters of Defense
Before making the first Masters of Defense in the kingdom of Atlantia, the crowns gave the following charges:
Let all those present bear witness, for today History is made in our Kingdom of Atlantia!
We, Logan and Esa, monarchs of by right of arms, do charge these three gentles to go forth and to consider the great Honor and Obligation of becoming the Atlantia’s foundational members of the Order of Defense!
Aedan, Alan and Giacomo, you are charged to select a date and location where you shall sit in Contemplation on joining this august Order. You shall bear in mind that the duties and obligations to be placed upon you shall be some of the greatest ever seen within the Society, as the creation a new Peerage is the rarest of occasions.
These duties and obligations shall include but shall not be limited to:
- You shall work to establish Ceremonies and Traditions of this Order, ensuring they recognize the efforts and qualities of the Recipient as well as honor the Kingdom of Atlantia, her Monarchs, and our Society as a whole.
- You shall regularly discuss and debate those qualities befitting a member of the Order of Defense amongst yourselves and bring your good counsel on this matter to all current and future Monarchs of the Kingdom.
- You shall establish a list of those persons deemed by the members of this Order worthy of consideration for membership within your Order. This list of possible candidates shall be provided to the Crowns at their request.
- From within your ranks you shall select a Principal of your Order. This gentle shall be tasked as the Liaison between your Order and the Crowns, ensuring strong communications between them, and shall attend to all duties required of them by Atlantian and Society Law as well as by general agreement of the Order.
- You shall provide good and honest counsel to the current and future Monarchs of Atlantia without fear or reservation, with the civility and respect they are accorded and in the spirit of the betterment of Atlantia.
- You shall stand as true examples to all others of the qualities of the Order of Defense within the realm of Atlantia and by your words and deeds you shall bring honor to this Order, your Monarchs and Kingdom, and the Society.
- Through teaching and guidance, actively or by guile, you shall encourage the qualities held dear by this Order in others in the endeavor to make your Order grow.
These duties are great and heavy and with this in mind, you shall have counsel to guide you. As you sit in contemplation, you shall be visited by the Crowns, Peers of the other Orders, and populace of the Kingdom as a whole. They shall provide you with what counsel they may, and you shall take their words to heart.
Once you have completed your Contemplation, you shall be summoned to our court, where we shall expect your answer.